Each year, Andersen Tate & Carr hires a select number of talented law school students to participate in the firm’s Summer Associate program. Participants in this program receive real-life experience involving a wide variety of legal projects, including:
- drafting briefs, motions and pleadings in actual cases the firm is handling for clients;
- attending depositions, hearings, and trials;
- working on complex business and real estate transactions;
- attending closings and negotiation sessions; and
- attending site inspections and client meetings off-site.
We strive to provide our Summer Associates with exposure to each of the practice areas of the firm, but we also allow them to focus on particular areas of interest when possible. The goal is to provide a meaningful work experience which allows Summer Associates to identify which areas of practice they might like to pursue when starting their careers and to see what daily life is really like at Andersen, Tate & Carr.
Each Summer Associate is assigned a mentor at the beginning of the summer to help guide the Summer Associate and provide meaningful feedback throughout his or her time at firm. In addition, we provide an active social calendar, with events such as Atlanta Braves and Atlanta United games, concerts, whitewater rafting, firm parties, happy hours, and more. Our goal is to provide a fulfilling work experience with meaningful feedback, while also providing a little fun on the side!