Understanding and complying with federal and state employment laws is a full-time job that many of our small business clients in Atlanta are not staffed to perform. Failure to comply with these ever-changing employment laws carries severe consequences because of the recent increase in government regulation in the area of labor and employment law. If your Atlanta company needs help understanding and complying with employment laws, it is advisable to reach out to an experienced employment law attorney as soon as possible.
At Andersen, Tate and Carr, our team of knowledgeable employment law attorneys believe that preventative actions are the best way to avoid costly legal fees associated with employment dispute cases. We empower our Atlanta clients to establish policies, procedures and practices that keep their businesses in compliance with the multitude of laws that govern their workforces Our ultimate goals for our clients are to minimize their employment-related liability and protect their assets.
The Best Ways to Avoid Employment Law Disputes in Atlanta
In order to minimize employment-related risk and the possibility for an employment law dispute, Atlanta employers must take proactive compliance measures. Some of these preventative measures include:
- Implementation of employee policies and procedures
- Supervisor training
- Appropriate handling of employee complaints and employee investigations
- Good management of disciplinary matters and terminations.
Our dedicated employment law attorneys are skilled in assisting our Atlanta clients in the assessment of their current employment landscape. We can also recommend certain improvements be made in order to promote compliance in every aspect of employment law, including wage and hour audits and harassment and discrimination training.
Employment Law Services We Offer for Atlanta Companies
At Andersen, Tate and Carr, our goal is to provide our Atlanta clients with economic, sensible and tailor-made solutions for their employment issues. Therefore, our employment law attorneys provide a complete range of employment services, including general counseling on the following state and federal laws:
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Wage and Hour issues, including those presented by the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- The Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Title VII (harassment, discrimination and hostile work environment)
- Unemployment Compensation (including preventing and defending claims for unemployment benefits)
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Terminations, including layoffs and reductions in force (RIF)
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN)
- Affirmative Action and OFCCP Compliance
- Classification of employees and independent contractors
Contact Our Team of Experienced Employment Law Attorneys Today
At Andersen, Tate & Carr, our dedicated employment law attorneys have years of experience handling all kinds of employment disputes. We have also developed a strong repertoire of preventative measures to help our Atlanta corporate clients avoid the costly legal fees often associated with employment dispute litigation. If your Atlanta company is in need of any type of employment law services, contact our firm today for a free, no-obligation consultation to learn how we can help you.