We have all experienced financial struggles at some point in our lives, and no one wants to have those struggles result in the foreclosure of their home. At Andersen, Tate & Carr, we feel for Atlanta families that are facing difficult financial pressures from banks or the government, and we are here to help you.
If you are facing an eminent domain condemnation in the Atlanta area, get in touch with one of our experienced attorneys today. They will be able to use their vast knowledge of Atlanta real estate law to guide you through the legal process and make sure your assets and rights are protected at all times.
Our skilled Atlanta eminent domain condemnation attorneys will work tirelessly to make sure you get the best possible outcome in your case.
How We Approach Atlanta Eminent Domain Condemnation Cases
After our skilled attorneys review the details of your eminent domain case, they will advise you on the best steps to take to have a successful outcome during your legal process. Although our attorneys will try to avoid going to trial in order to avoid costly legal expenses, they are very proficient in court if this is the best option for your case.
Other options we may advise you to consider during your eminent domain condemnation legal procedures include:
- Eminent domain defense: We can fight the government’s attempt to take over private land and bring into question the legality of their endeavor.
- Mitigation through compensation: We can negotiate the highest dollar value of land to be taken by eminent domain, ensuring that you receive proper compensation for the loss of your property.
- Insistence on favorable conditions: This tactic is related to transfers of property. This may have to do with timing, dollar amounts or sequences of events associated with eminent domain.
- Challenging the condemnation of private property: Sometimes, governments may try to condemn certain private properties for “public use,” only to later convert it back into another private, tax-generating use. We will question the legality of this process.
- Inverse Condemnation: We can negotiate for government purchase of private property after its usefulness has been harmed through zoning changes, redevelopment or flooding.
Our civil litigation attorneys have many years of experience using all of these options effectively in various Atlanta eminent domain condemnation cases. Partner Thomas Tate has successfully represented landowners in numerous eminent domain cases. Recently, he won a $9 million verdict on behalf of a property owner.
Contact Our Experienced Team of Atlanta Eminent Domain Condemnation Attorneys Today
Businesses and individuals throughout the Atlanta area look to Andersen, Tate & Carr for advice and representation in a variety of situations involving land ownership and eminent domain condemnation disputes. When a client’s property is threatened by eminent domain proceedings of local or state governments, we help our clients determine the most favorable course of action, and then we help them aggressively pursue that outcome if it is at all possible.
If you are facing any sort of eminent domain condemnation struggle in Atlanta, contact our office today for a free, no-obligation consultation to learn how we can help you.