Shaun R. Adams is an associate in the Government Relations, Land Use, and Zoning practice at Andersen, Tate & Carr. His practice is focused on representing clients in zoning, land use and government matters before local governments throughout the metro Atlanta area, as well as guiding developments of regional impact through the regional commission review process.
Shaun is also a registered lobbyist with the State of Georgia, representing clients in government relations, advocacy and procurement before counties and cities, state agencies, and the Georgia General Assembly. Previously, Shaun has worked as the Legal Counsel for the Georgia Senate Judiciary Committee (2012), and more recently for ACCG, Georgia’s County Association, where he handled issues related to revenue and finance, transportation, economic development, ethics and elections. In addition, Shaun represented counties at the federal level on transportation, economic development, and environmental matters.
Shaun received his Juris Doctor from Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School, where he was the Executive Legislative Editor of the Law Review Board; Student Ambassador and Peer Mentor; Justice for Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity; Member and Student Coach of the Negotiations Team; and, Student Facilitator for Property Law. Shaun received his Bachelor of Science in Sport Management along with a Minor in Business from The Florida State University.
Shaun is licensed to practice law before the Georgia Supreme Court and the United States Supreme Court. Shaun is a member of the State Bar of Georgia (Local Government Law Section).
Shaun and his wife, Kristen Adams, have two boys, Rylan and Paxton, and reside in Peachtree Corners. The Adams are active with Buckhead Church, where Shaun and Kristen serve as small group leaders.
When Shaun is not working, he can be found coaching his boys in baseball, playing softball, and training or racing in short distance triathlons, with the goal of moving up to the Olympic and Half Ironman distances.
Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School (2011)
The Florida State University (2002)
- Georgia, 2011
Speaking Engagements and Appearances
- Senate Bill 10: Georgia Special Needs Scholarship Act, AJMLS Law Journal (2010)
- House Bill 251: Quality Basic Education Act; Intra-District School Choice, AJMLS Law Journal (2010)
- House Bill 927: Public Schools Disciplinary Tribunals; Bullying; Expand Definition, AJMLS Law Journal (2010)
Community & Professional
Shaun’s dedication to public service is reflected in his service on the following boards and organizations:
- Georgia Academy for Economic Development (2012-2015)
- Georgia Chamber Government Affairs Council (2012-2015)
- National Association of County Intergovernmental Relations Officers (2012-16, Treasurer 2013-15)
- Georgia Transportation Alliance (2013-15)
- Regional Leadership Institute (2014)
- Atlanta John Marshall Law School’s Alumni Board (2014-16)
- Appointed to Gwinnett County’s Comprehensive Transportation Plan Destination 2040 Stakeholder Committee (2016)
- Fields Club (Secretary 2017, President 2018)
- United Peachtree Corners Civic Association (Land Use Director 2018-Present)
Shaun has also been involved with the National Association of Counties (NACo); Georgia Economic Developers Association (GEDA); Council for Quality Growth; and the Georgia Chamber.