Robert Thomas is a partner in the Litigation Group of Andersen, Tate & Carr. He represents clients in both commercial litigation and construction law matters, including contract disputes, business torts, fiduciary issues, and shareholder disputes. Robert actively litigates such disputes in state courts, federal courts, and before arbitral forums across the Southeast.
While in law school at the University of Georgia, Robert was named a finalist in the Russell and Talmadge Moot Court competitions, was a member of the winning team at the Georgia Intrastate Competition, and received “Best Oralist” awards in both the Talmadge and National Moot Court (Southeast Region) competitions. He also worked with Priti Suri and Associates, a law firm in New Delhi, India, with a focus on international commercial arbitration.
An active member of the Gwinnett community, Robert recently graduated with the 2017 class of Leadership Gwinnett. Robert is currently Co-Chair of Economics Day for this year’s Leadership Gwinnett Class, Regional Coordinator of the Georgia High School Mock Trial Tournament in Gwinnett, and serves as Chairman of the Unlicensed Practice of Law for District 9 (Gwinnett). Robert is a member of the Gwinnett Rotary Club, and also as a board member of GRIP, Gwinnett’s Re-Entry Intervention Program.
- Selected as a Georgia Super Lawyer Rising Star by Law & Politics and Atlanta Magazine 2017
University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- Juris Doctor (cum laude) – 2009
University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- B.A. English
- B.A. Religion
- Minor – Spanish
- South Carolina
Speaking Engagements and Appearances
- Contributing Author – South Carolina Construction Law Deskbook & Supplement
- Speaker – “The High-Stakes Poker of Electronic Discovery,” CLE Presentation, January 2012
Community & Professional
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of South Carolina
- Gwinnett County Bar Association
- Leadership Gwinnett Class of 2017
- Board Member of GRIP – Gwinnett Re-entry Intervention Program
- Chairman of Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee District 9
- Regional Coordinator – Georgia High School Mock Trial Competition