Jaletta Long Smith
Jaletta Long Smith is a litigation associate at Andersen, Tate & Carr. Jaletta advises clients on a wide range of civil litigation and appellate matters.
Before joining the firm, Jaletta served as a law clerk to the Honorable Kristine G. Baker, Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas; the Honorable Britt C. Grant, Justice of the Georgia Supreme Court (former); and the Honorable Robert L. Brown (retired) of the Arkansas Supreme Court. As a clerk, Jaletta has assisted judges handling a wide range of complex civil and criminal appeals at the highest state court level as well as assisting with federal civil and criminal trial matters. In addition, Jaletta was the sole author of the prevailing appellee’s brief in Moody v. Arkansas State Board of Law Examiners, 2013 Ark. 289, 428 S.W.3d 512.
Jaletta attended the University of Arkansas at Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law as a Bowen Scholar, receiving a full tuition academic scholarship. She graduated with high honors in 2010 as one of the top three students in her law school class. Jaletta served as the Executive Editor of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock Law Review, received the Dean’s Certificate of Distinguished Service, and was one of six students selected to compete as a member of the Bowen Trial Team. Jaletta was also a student member of the Judge Henry Woods Inn of Court in Little Rock, Arkansas. As an undergraduate, Jaletta was the Feature Twirler at Clemson University for four years.
Jaletta is a Gwinnett native and is pleased to be back in Georgia practicing law and serving her community. She and her husband, Andy, have two children and reside in Gwinnett.
University of Arkansas at Little Rock, William H. Bowen School of Law
- Juris Doctor, with high honors
- Executive Editor, Law Review
- Dual B.A. in Communication Studies and Spanish, with honors
- Tiger Feature Twirler, 2002–05
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- The Honorable Kristine G. Baker, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- The Honorable Britt C. Grant, Georgia Supreme Court (former)
- The Honorable Robert L. Brown (retired), Arkansas Supreme Court
- Eleventh Circuit United States Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- South Carolina
Community & Professional
- Board Member, Atlanta Clemson Club
- Board Member, Gwinnett County Library Foundation
- Tutu Capers, volunteer
- First Families of Gwinnett, Silver Certificate
- State Bar of Georgia, member
- Gwinnett County Bar Association, member
- CLE Presenter: Pitfalls of Legal Ethics, Little Rock, Arkansas 2013
- Guest lecturer for Georgia State University School of Nursing: Malpractice and Contracts for Advanced Practice Nursing, February 2012