Scotty Duncan is part of the Commercial Real Estate & Banking Group of Andersen, Tate & Carr. Scotty focuses his practice in the areas of commercial real estate transactions, secured lending (including acquisition and development, construction and permanent loans), and commercial leasing. He has extensive experience in the acquisition, sale and development of office buildings, industrial warehouse properties and residential subdivisions throughout the metropolitan Atlanta area. In addition, he assists developers and property owners in the drafting and negotiation of real estate agreements and instruments incident to the development and management of commercial and residential properties, including office and retail leases. He has served as lead counsel for a preferred developer in a national retail chain development program for more than five years, coordinating the closings of new projects throughout the southeastern United States.
Since January 2011, Scotty has been an adjunct professor at the Georgia Gwinnett College School of Business teaching “The Legal Environment of Business”. He enjoys the interaction with students and has developed a keen ability to cultivate learning through his practical applications and experience as a practicing attorney.
- 2017 U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firm - Real Estate
- Adjunct Professor, Georgia Gwinnett College School of Business (2011 – present)
University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- Juris Doctor – 1993
- B.A. – 1990
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia
- Our News, 02.08.2017
Community & Professional
- State Bar of Georgia – Real Property Law Section
- Gwinnett County Bar Association
- Georgia Bankers Association, Member
- Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Leadership Gwinnett – 2006 Graduate
- Rotary Club of Duluth, Past Member (2000 – 2011)
- Council for Quality Growth – Member, Board of Directors
- J.M. Tull-Gwinnett Family YMCA - Past Board Member (2007 – 2009)
- Dacula Soccer Club, Inc. - Executive Board Member, Past Executive Director
- MCHS Goal Club, Inc. – President
- Boy Scouts of America, NE Georgia Council – 2017 Great American Values Dinner Host Committee
- 12Stone Church – Kingdom Advisor (2016)
"I have been working with Scotty for nearly three (3) years now, and what I appreciate most about him is the empathy he shows my clients. While it is evident that he takes pride in his legal practice, he knows that it is the personal relationship that matters most."
- Bruce Sharp, BB&T, Market President, NE ATL
"Scotty has always exceeded our expectations, whether it is problem solving an eleventh hour issue for an upcoming closing or figuring out how to paper up a hard deal, he is always one step ahead and makes everything flow seamlessly. I have worked with him for several years and couldn’t image not having him on 'our team'!"
- Kelley Reilly, Development Coordinator, GARRARD