R. Matthew Reeves
Matt Reeves is a litigation partner at Andersen, Tate & Carr. Matt is passionate about private property rights and litigating important client matters in an excellent manner. His practice covers a wide range of matters within the areas of real estate litigation, commercial and banking litigation, and probate litigation, including representing private property owners and business owners in eminent domain and disputed zoning matters.
Matt has represented clients in the following road projects: Georgia Highway 316, Sugarloaf Parkway Extension, Georgia Highway 20, Pleasant Hill and Buford Highway, Highway 29, Friendship Road/Lanier Islands Parkway. He also provided representation in the Archer High School condemnation and represented the North Georgia Conference of the United Methodist Church in its sale of the Simpsonwood property on the Chattahoochee River to Gwinnett County.
He has successfully obtained justice for clients from juries and judges across Metro Atlanta and the State of Georgia, the Georgia Supreme Court and Georgia Court of Appeals, federal courts, as well as matters in which the parties were able to reach a meeting of the minds before the case went through verdict and appeals.
While in law school, Matt was a Joseph Henry Lumpkin Inn of Court Pupil, and defeated the University of Florida’s moot court team in the Hulsey-Kimbrell Georgia-Florida Moot Court Competition. He also attended the National Institute of Trial Advocacy deposition seminar at Duke University Law School in 2005.
Matt and his wife, Suzette Belote Reeves, son (Paul) and daughters (Susannah and Sarabeth) live in Duluth. Matt is a second-generation attorney, and his father and uncle are courtroom attorneys in Middle and South Georgia.
- University of Georgia School of Law
- Juris Doctor with honors
- Mercer University
- Bachelor of Arts with high honors
- The Bolles School
- Jacksonville, Florida
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Gwinnett County Bar Association –President 2011-12
- Rotary Club of Duluth – President 2014-15
- Duluth Business Association – President, 2016
- Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce Board Member
Honors and Awards
- AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Rising Star
- Rotary International Presidential Citation – 2015 (top 25% Rotary President)
- Gwinnett Legal Aid Pro-Bono Program – 2012
- Leadership Gwinnett, 2013-14
- State Senate President Pro Tem David Shafer’s District Advisory Committee Co-Chair
- State House Education Chair Brooks Coleman’s Campaign Manager, 2014 and 2016
- Duluth Mayor Nancy Harris’ Campaign Chair, 2011
- Education SPLOST Renewal Committee Counsel, 2011
- Former Board Member, Duluth Ethics Board
- Former Board Member, Duluth Parks and Recreation Board
- Board Member, Mercer University College of Liberal Arts Alumni Association, 2008-2011
- Duluth Fall Festival Legal Counsel
Past Employment Positions
- Partner at Andersen, Tate & Carr where he has practiced since 2003
- Georgia House Judiciary Committee, Counsel to Chairman Wendell Willard, 2008
- Evidence Code Commission, 2009
- District Attorney’s Office for Georgia’s Northern Judicial Circuit, Third-Year Practice Prosecutor
- Civil Division, U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Georgia, Student Employee
- Saxby Chambliss for Congress, Campaign Aide
- U.S. House Page, sponsored by the late U.S. Rep. Tillie Fowler of Florida